Exploring Las Vegas: Frank Gehry’s Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health
- Exploring Las Vegas: Frank Gehry’s Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health
- Just Off the Press: Las Vegas A Contraluz in Life & Style Magazine Mexico
- Exploring Las Vegas – Neon Museum Boneyard
- Explore Las Vegas: A Stunning view of the Strip from TheHotel MiX Lounge
- Exploring Las vegas Architecture: High Roller Ferris Wheel at The Linq by Klai Juba Architects
- Just Off The Press: Travel Photography – Las Vegas Feature for Cara inflight Magazine
Located a few blocks away from the strip, the Cleveland clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health is one landmark that can’t be missed when driving along West Bonneville Avenue. Its unusual facade is remarkable and very unusual like most of buildings designed by Frank Gehry.
For those not familiar with the name, Frank Gehry is one of the most renown architects. Born in Canada, he is now known as one the best architects in the world. His work falls within the style of Deconstructivism and his visual style is very unique.
Gehry has his own personal interest in research on brain disorder and joined the board of the hereditary disease foundation more than 30 years ago.* (source)
Gehry told ruvo he’d design the building only if ruvo added huntington’s to the list of diseases the new center would treat and study. the complex further expanded its offerings when the cleveland clinic, the multidisciplinary healthcare research and treatment center in ohio, reached an agreement with the ruvo center to operate the las vegas facility. (source)
The Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health was completed in 2009.
David Giral is a published Montreal/Toronto based editorial and commercial professional photographer specialized in architecture, interiors, portrait and travel photography.
Text, photographs, and other media are © Copyright David Giral (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without permission from David Giral.