On Assignment: Public Art Architecture Photography – Parc Carrefour Pie IX – City Of Montreal
- On Assignment: Architecture / Public Art Photography for the City Of Montreal
- On Assignment: Public Art Architecture Photography – Project Bonaventure – Source Artwork By Jaume Plensa
- On Assignment: Public Art Architecture Photography – Parc Carrefour Pie IX – City Of Montreal
- On Assignment: Public Art Architecture Photography – Project Bonaventure – Dendrites By Patrick De Broin
- On Assignment: Public Art Architecture Photography – The world Within Mural by Jason Cantoro
With a good part of 2017 spent working on documenting new projects for the public art department of the City of Montreal, I had to share with you this new series of photos of Parc De La Promenade de Québec (e.g. Parc Carrefour Pie IX), which features artwork from Jean-Robert Drouillard and design by landscape architecture firm Civiliti.
The approach for this project was forthright. I wanted to capture the park at night when the lights are on butalso wanted to make sure I capture detail photos of each statue properly lit by the sun.
Being familiar with the location, I headed there at dawn in order to both get shots at night and at sunrise. I started with a few “big picture” shots trying my best to show the park in its context.
Then I switched to capturing details of each statue.
Then, I patiently waited for the sun to rise and got some more interesting detail shots with a warm background.
Sunrise was beautiful and the weather was perfect. I loved how the sun highlighted the face of each statue to give it golden tones.
Then sunrise turning into morning, I then finished the project by adding a few more close up shots of the artwork.
Thanks for viewing!
David Giral is a published Montreal/Toronto based editorial and commercial professional photographer specialized in architecture, interiors, portrait and travel photography.
Text, photographs, and other media are © Copyright David Giral (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without permission from David Giral.